We understand that many people have concerns about exposure during aerial spraying; for those people, health officials suggest the following precautions:
- Minimize exposure. Avoid being outside, close windows and consider keeping pets inside while spraying occurs.
- If skin or clothes are exposed, wash them with soap and water.
- Rinse homegrown fruits and vegetables with water as a general precautionary measure.
- Cover small ornamental fish ponds.
- Because the chemical breaks down quickly in sunlight and water, no special precautions are suggested for outdoor swimming areas.
- Should a resident wish to not have their property sprayed, please contact the Bergen County Mosquito Control at (201) 634-2881.
Corey Gallo, Borough Administrator
West Nile Virus FAQ
"Bergen Bites Back" flyer
Mosquito-Proof Your Yard Flyer
Bergen County Mosquito ULV Spray Map 2018-Bergenfield
Scourge Insecticide Label
Scourge Insecticide Safety Data Sheet